We Are Hiring!
Hopportunities Is Hiring Outgoing and Hard Working Full-time & Part-Time Staff
Hopportunities Craft Beer Hall is looking for service-minded customer experience reps to join our team!!
- Full-Time Beer Curator (30-40 Hours a week) and Part Time (8-30 hours a week) customer experience staff
We love our Hopportunities customers and want to ensure they love their experience. You’ll look forward to every interaction because it’s an opportunity to help another person experience craft beer, cider, and wine in a new fun way.
- Monday -Thursday: 3 PM-Midnight,
- Friday: 12 PM - 1 AM
- Saturday 11 AM-1 AM
- Sunday 12 PM - 10 PM.
That’s a super-brief intro, and there’s much more to it. But first, you must know if you’ll even like working with us. (We think you will.)
A Bit About Us
We are South Florida's First Self Serve Tap Craft Beer & Wine Hall and home see of the best rotating food trucks. We model ourselves as an Event-Driven Business with incredible technology and have excellent craft beer as part of our DNA.
We are a new business, but we’re in it for the long haul. We are looking to grow to multiple locations and provide growth opportunities.
We have one overarching requirement for joining our team: Our PURPOSE STATEMENT has to click with you.
"We are here to provide joy and hoppiness to each other, our customers, and the community. Every action and decision we make is based on this underlying value. So be helpful & stay committed to the purpose so we can help everyone find their hoppy place."
If you’re nodding emphatically while reading it, you’ll probably fit right in, in which case, we can’t wait to hear from you!
First, let’s talk about life at Hopportunties, and then we’ll go into detail about what we’re looking for.
Who you’d be working with:
John is our owner. He gets to walk you through your interviews and trial and help welcome you to the team. When not running his businesses, you can find him running some crazy adventure race and spending every ounce of his free time with his two kids and wife.
Beer Curator will be your go-to for all the craft we pour. He/She will be keeping you educated on the breweries, beer, and specials we have or are running.
Hope, our Event Curator is going to be our on-site host for events and will be your point person when it comes to running smooth, fun events and keeping the customer experience and Social Media 100%
How You’ll Work at Hopportunities
We work hard to make working at Hopportunities a fantastic experience. We want to build a team full of exceptional people—the kind you’ll be excited to work with. Here’s how we operate:
The first 12 weeks for all team members is considered a working trial. We hire people we believe will be an exceptional fit for the role and the team. Although it might be your first time in this type of work, we want to ensure it’s the right fit for both of us. You’ll have meetings to discuss your metrics, grow your skillset, and chat about how work is going. After a successful trial, you’ll be a full-fledged member of the team – and we can’t wait!
Take Vacation (Seriously)
It’s essential to get out and do something. While part-time employees don’t get paid time off, we try hard to allow you to take a healthy amount of vacation. We look forward to seeing pictures of your vacation in our internal chat room.
How You’re Paid
All employees are W2. We pool tips and are paid bi-weekly.
- Fulltime and Partime Staff are hourly plus tips (approx $18-$23)
- Beer Curator is hourly plus tips (approx $20-$25)
- After your trial, we DEMAND (in a friendly, ALL CAPS IS YELLING kind of way) that you fill out your “Bucket List” spreadsheet. (That’s harder than it sounds!) Good things then follow.
- The bucket list also really helps decide what we should give you for your birthday and Christmas. No gift cards here. We tried that. Super boring.
- We are in the process of building a bonus plan. You’ll be in on that from day one. Hopportunities wins, you win. That kind of thing.
- Did I mention we want to make a huge positive difference in our community? You may not think that matters much, but then a few months down the road, you’ll realize it’s made your job really enjoyable. Don’t underestimate this one!
- So giving back to our community will be ingrained in the business. We will partner with local non-profits and help fundraise via events, festivals, and our art gallery. We also love recommendations when looking for partners!
If this sounds like your ideal environment, read on because now I want to talk about you. You will play a big part in helping people experience something new and unique in the industry and, hopefully, elevate how the service industry operates.
Now, back to you, our new Customer Experience Rep…
You love people and craft beer. You’ll have the impossible task of providing a unique experience to our customers. You’ll dive into the depths of a customer’s taste buds and their (sometimes vague) descriptions of precisely what they are looking to drink, anticipate what they may drink next, and keep our standards and service so high they continue to come back.
You will be the face of Hopportunities. You don’t mind answering the same question multiple times on the same day because it’s a different customer each time–another chance to make someone’s day. You exceed expectations even when you deliver an experience the customer was not quite expecting.
You also have an all-hands-on-deck work ethic. You don't mind working on any aspect of the business. Whether it's checking people in and out, cleaning split drinks, or picking up dirty glassware, you will do anything and everything that is needed to keep that customer experience 100%
You’re good at switching gears. There that means you are working that cash register, manning the beer wall, then floating through the hall. You are all in wherever you are
You are a master of friendly. (on both good and bad days)
You play really nicely with others. You’re flexible. You adapt and adjust.
You love to learn. You love constructive feedback because it helps you improve.
You love taking that one little extra step beyond what’s expected. You’re creative in that way. You consistently force us to ask you questions like, “How did you know that would make the customer smile the whole time?”
A Day in the Life…
You always know your schedule because you respect your team. We will work hard to bring consistency to your schedule, but in a retail/service environment we need to stay flexible. So be punctual and know your schedule because we (the team) rely on you being there.
There are three main areas where you can be
- Check-in/out stations - Here, you will not only be checking people in and cashing them out, but you are responsible for the first experience our customer has. You will need to differentiate between new customers and regulars. Making sure that our bottle fridge and merchandise are well stocked. But most importantly, getting people to join our clubs/memberships/events.
- Beer Wall - You are our beer tender. You know what our product is and what to suggest. Most important is working on delivering an amazing experience to our new customers. Showing the new customers how to pour, maybe even pouring the first beer for them. Following up and suggesting different craft drinks. And lastly, always keeping clean glassware stocked.
- Floaters - Floaters will be walking the 1st two sections of the beer hall, making sure customers are doing fine and making additional beer recommendations. They will also collect dirty glassware and start the cleaning cycles.
You’re the one we’re looking for if:
- You’ll be able to work hard and be flexible.
- You have the ability to maintain a smile even when it may be c.
- You can help us achieve sales goals through recommendations, upsells, merchandise, and membership sales.
- You can commit to weekday and weekend shifts.
- You value excellence and continuous improvement. At the same time.
- You understand how every interaction is an expression of the H purpose and brand.
- Other people consider you a stellar communicator.
- You love making people happy.
- People thank you regardless of how they treat you. You’re that good.
- You enjoy trying things you haven’t ever done before.
- You aren’t afraid to ask questions.
- You are wildly productive and independent but a t at heart.
- Be flexible with your time at first because as we navigate opening, we could call for on-call shifts
- You LOVE Craft Beer.
- You have boutique Retail experience.
- You have experience in the events or beer industry.
For Our Full-Time Events staff In addition to the Customer Experience Duties, we are looking for someone:
- Manage Bookings of Live Music
- Work with vendors to manage and schedule event pop-ups
- Manage and Create our weekly event nights
- Work with the graphic designers to create weekly and pop event ads for social and flyers
- Managing and Creating Content
- Create and suggest additional events to pull in the community
- Managing Daily Operations
- Manage Beer Inventory
- Work with sales reps and distributors for inventory
- Manage and create online sales, as well as expediting our beer shipping program
- Work with events staff and breweries on beer for our events
- Create and suggest additional events to pull in the community
- Managing Daily Operations
How to Apply
- Fill out this application (click here).
- Attach a pdf resume. If you don’t have one prepared because you weren’t expecting to apply for a new job, describe your work history in the "Anything else about you" section.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate b race, color, religion, natural origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity, and that selection decisions will be based on job-related factors.
Looking to Play your Music at Hopportunities?
We are always looking for talented musicians to bring their vibe to Hop. If you think you are the right click the button below!
Full Disclaimer our current Music roster is full of resident artists but we are always looking for additional artists for events, fill-ins, and possible expansion of the days to play.